Helping our clients consolidate, rationalise and modernise their IT estate, guiding their strategic journey to a highly-optimised technology infrastructure.
Cloud Service Analysis & Migration
Savanti have been shaping the thinking of several major cloud migration programmes for a number of FTSE 100 organisations. Whether public, private or hybrid cloud, our technical consultants have the necessary experience to ensure our clients make the right decisions. Additionally, we provide the oversight and technical governance required, to assure the success of any scale of migration programme.
We have recently worked with a large financial services client on the evaluation of a new hybrid cloud service from multiple market leading cloud service providers. This engagement included working with the customer’s senior architecture and design team, on the analysis and design for the integration of a hybrid cloud solution into the existing infrastructure, and supporting service transition.
Data Centre Assessment & Improvement
Savanti are often called upon to conduct detailed assessments of our client’s technology infrastructure, usually in preparation for migration or rationalisation activities. Starting in the client’s own data centres, we will identify any areas for investment and re-engineering, to enhance capabilities for the support of new and evolving services. Typically, we then go on to assist in the development of patterns and standards for infrastructure services, ensuring consistency across the estate and improvement in the supportability and security posture of the overall technology infrastructure.
Infrastructure Architecture & Design
Savanti’s infrastructure architecture and design service can help organisations manage a sudden or ad hoc demand for skills in a reliable and cost effective manner. We can provide experienced consultants to bolster project teams or completely self-manage specific projects with fixed deliverables such as high level designs or specific technology patterns.
The high-level benefits of using Savanti’s architecture and design service include:
- Provision of hard to find expertise, on call at short notice, to augment teams as and when required, with no long-term commitment
- Complete design service for projects or organisations not in a position to manage the design process themselves
- Knowledge transfer to internal staff
- Offering far more competitive rates than large consultancies command
- Offering a more loyal and reliable service than individual contractors can commit to, with the continuity of a longer-term relationship
Infrastructure Architecture & Design Methodology
Our network architecture methodology is loosely based on the TOGAF model.
Depending on the nature of the engagement, some or all of these steps may be brought into play:
- Review and development of architectural principles & vision
- Development of target state technology architecture and assessment of current state
- Technology gap analysis and production of appropriate roadmaps
- Creation of specific high and low level infrastructure designs
- Continuous technical design authority (TDA) engagement and requirements management